Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 - Day 6

Initially I thought I probably wouldn't be able to complete the homework for this particular lesson.

I don't have any of these wonderful Distress Markers from Ranger Ink. And from all accounts it's not the easiest of tasks to get them anywhere (but particularly hard in Western Australia). So, I planned to watch Tim's videos and download the lesson and wait it out until Day 7.

However, after looking at what I had in my studio I decided I could certainly try out my normal water-based markers with the techniques explored in class. And, I'm quite chuffed with the results!


  • Tag 13 - 'Watercolour with Markers' techniques. 
  • Tag 14 - 'Blending with Markers' technique. 
  • Tag 15 - 'Stamping with Markers' technique. Love this one - will have to explore this technique further!
I will still buy some distress markers though - just as soon as I can find them in a craft shop here in Perth!

2 comments:

  1. I Love how you experimented with the different steps & detailed images. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using the markers on the "label" stamp....gives it so much life. I am just now getting to this step of the class; I wanted to wait till I had plenty of time to play with all the yummy colors. Funny comment about the light world of embroidery which is actually where I started eons and eons ago. My sister calls that, and particularly counted cross stich as the craft from hell. Papercrafting and multi-media is so freeing and oh yea, quick!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete