Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 - Day 7

Ooooh I do love a bit of embossing!

However, after watching Tim this morning I realised that the powder I bought last weekend was probably a poor choice. I bought 'fine detail' embossing powder which might be a bit fine for most applications. Never mind though - that's why I am taking this wonderful course of classes. I'm learning so much every day and every discovery is helping me to make better purchasing decisions when I walk into a craft shop these days :-)

So - let's look at today's tags.


  • Tag 16 - 'Nostalgic Batik' technique. Pretty, pretty, pretty. 
  • Tag 17 - 'Rusted Enamel' technique. This is very clever (and so easy to achieve once you know how) and really does look like rusted enamel.
  • Tag 18 - 'Distress Powder Resist' technique. Well, actually I've cheated a bit on this tag. This technique calls for Distress Embossing powder which I don't have (although that will be rectified this weekend LOL) so I used a white Versa Colour ink and clear embossing powder which stands out brilliantly when inked afterwards. 
So, I've caught up with my homework again, and now I'm off to add them to the gallery! Can't wait for tomorrow - I've never looked forward to homework quite so much in my whole life LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags! Isn't it nice to know that we're never to old to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are STUNNING! Homeworks never been so much FUN before & having the best class-mates ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! These look beautiful. This was my favorite day of class. Thanks for sharing your tags :)

    ReplyDelete