Sunday, 8 April 2012

Happy Easter

Here's the Easter Card I have made for my Mum and Dad. This is the first card I've made since taking Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 101 class and I was anxious to play with my newly acquired distress inks and markers.


Inspiration For The Card
I was going through my ever-growing stack of papers and found a lovely Basic Grey paper 'Pinking Shears' which reminded me of an old fashioned Easter egg patterned paper. That helped me to decide on an 'egg shape'  card which I designed in Corel Draw and then imported into my Pazzles Inspiration software.

How I Constructed The Card
  • I cut the card base from manila cardstock and inked around the front and inside edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Frayed Burlap' and over-inked with 'Spiced Marmalade' (love that colour). 
  • Cut out four ovals from the 'Pinking Shears' paper, inked the edges with 'Frayed Burlap' and then ran two of them through my Cuttlebug using a polka dot embossing folder, just to give a little texture.
  • Glued a polka dot-embossed patterned paper oval to the front and back of the outside of the card. Cut the two slits on the back of the card for the ribbon to pass through, then glued the two patterned ovals to the inside of the card. 
  • Cut the slits again on the back of the card, then threaded the ribbon through the slits ready to tie up when the card is finished.

  • Cut a smaller oval out of 250gsm white cardstock for the inside and decorated around the edges with Tim Holtz' new Distress markers  in 'Wild Honey' and 'Spiced Marmalade' then centred and glued the shape over the patterned oval, covering the ribbon and slits.

  • Printed out the 'Happy Easter' words onto 100gsm white paper and cut out the shape. (You probably could write this using the pen tool on the Inspiration but I'm still a bit of novice when it comes to this particular tool so decided to just use my printer).
  • Then I cut out the frame for the words from C'oredination Craft paper and stained the front with Distress Stain 'Wild Honey'. Glued the frame and words together and glued to the front of the card.
  • Then I wrote in the card, and tied up the bow. 
  • I can't work out how to successfully link the .wpc file to this blog post (just end up with a page of code) but I have linked the .pdf file which you can then import into the Pazzles software.
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter, and manage to get a little papercrafting in during the holiday break.

No comments:

Post a Comment