Saturday, 14 July 2012

It's My Birthday :-)

And I made myself a little present. It's a perpetual calendar - I've always wanted to make one, and finally found just the right little cabinet to house it when I was in Brisbane at the Papercraft Expo.

Here is the front, closed. You can't see the calendar part yet ... 


And here is the back ...


And here it is the inside revealed!


The base cabinet is a Twiddleybitz ATC hinged cupboard, laser-cut from 2mm MDF board, which I spray painted black prior to assembly. 

The papers are from Pink Paislee's London Market (LOVE those papers) 6x6 petite paper pack. I used my black laser printer to overprint the quote from William James on the front of the calendar:

To change one's life
Start immediately
Do it flamboyantly
No exceptions!

Such a great saying in my opinion! I then overstamped with the crown, birdcage and butterfly stamps from the London Market stamp collection. 

It took me three nights of trial and error to work out the roller mechanism for the date and month bit in the calendar - but I finally figured it out! 

Would you like a little tutorial on how to make a perpetual calendar of your own? They are a bit fiddly but well worth the trouble to make.

I've set up downloadable files to help you make your own perpetual calendar to fit inside a Twiddleybitz ATC hinged cupboard. Click on the links and the files should automatically download to your computer.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Love your calender it would be great to have a tutorial, Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! While I probably wouldn't make one myself, I'd love to know how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know how to make one, tutorial please ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone - the tutorial and print files for the perpetual calendar is now available.

    ReplyDelete